2 sept 2011

Caleb Charland - Demonstrations









"Demonstrations combines my scientific curiosity with a constructive approach to making pictures. I utilize everyday objects and fundamental forces to illustrate my own experiences with wonder. Each piece begins with a simple question (How would this look? Is that possible? What would happen if...) and develops through a process of experimentation. By establishing physical parameters first, I discover each idea’s visual potential. This allows the natural properties of the subject matter to inform my aesthetic decisions as I construct these arenas to reveal the phenomena.
My process and choice of subject matter stem from growing up in a do it yourself household where I learned to appreciate the power that tools and materials hold. As I explore the garage and search through the basement to solve these pictures, I find new ways of putting old tools and familiar materials to work. “Demonstrations” intends to inspire wonder and curiosity in all viewers." (Caleb Charland)
Text taken from: StoneCrop Gallery Web

No hay comentarios: